Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Foster Coordinator Needed


May 9th, 2012. That was the day I found out that I am not Wonder Woman. What led me to this very devastating realization? Guilt. I was sweeping up the piles of fur that had been blanketing my floors for at least two weeks and I felt a sudden pang of guilt. Guilt that I was cleaning my house instead of grading the piles of student papers or working on that dissertation I started over a year ago or finally dealing with the paperwork that was laying throughout my house. I felt guilty for cleaning my house for the first time in two weeks. Yeah.

So, with that realization, I am admitting that I can no longer dedicate the time to the Foster Coordinator position that it truly deserves. I am hoping that one of our wonderful supporters or volunteers will feel the call to step into the role in my place.

In a nutshell, this role involves coordinating the intake of new fosters, movement of fosters from one placement to another as needed, recruiting new foster homes, and coordinating the approval of new foster homes. I am also currently handling all of the intake, medical records, and adoption processing for our fosters, but I think those pieces could be potentially be handled by other volunteers who would be willing to learn our software.

We also have two wonderful volunteers working on the Foster Team that are a great support to this role. So, the new FC would certainly not be in this alone.

Are you looking for a way to get involved, but can't foster? Want something you can do from home? This really is a great volunteer opportunity for someone who has the time and organization to do it. If you're interested, please contact our office. If you'd like to learn more about what I am currently doing, please email sunshine@bhsva.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment