Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Longer Terrified

Amidst yesterday's whirlwind pound rescue, we received this heartwarming email update on Gracie Lee, now Angel Grace, the sweet little Rottwelier puppy with severe head injuries and leg issues...

"Hello there... my name is Beth and I am the LUCKY one who got to adopt Grace (her new name is Angel Grace).  

I wanted to thank Becky and Scott for rescuing her, getting her to PawSafe and to all involved in bringing her home to me.  I couldn't love her more!  

We begin each day with a constitutional around the park so we can get some exercise and Angel Grace can "do her business".  After our walk, it's home for breakfast and some relax time in her crate while I get ready for work.  Then it's time to get in the truck and come to the shop where she is gated behind the counter with me all day (She is quite the popular girl here!).  We take a lunch break and go for another walk around the park and common where Angel Grace is able to socialize with other dogs (we met 2 new friends today :) before closing up around 6pm and heading home again.

Last night we worked on coordination and played a great game of fetch in the living room with a small ball.  

At night, Angel Grace sleeps in her crate in my room before we get up and do it all over again the next morning :)

I just wanted you to know she is doing very well - she already goes up and down the stairs on her own!

She has an appointment with her new Vet and we will see what we can do for her with regard to her jaw and eye.  

I just wanted to say thank you again for what you do and giving this girl a second chance at life.  Some might say Angel Grace is lucky, and she is, but I am also lucky, and blessed to have her.

I thought you'd like to see a photo or two of Angel Grace in her new home and at the shop...

Thank you again :-)

~Beth"



Thank you for the update, Beth! These are the stories that keep us going!

No comments:

Post a Comment